Friday, March 25, 2011

The end of Act1 Scene5

Romeo: (Taking Juliet’s hand) If I offend by holding your hand then maybe a kiss will make thing better.
Juliet: Holding my hand shows politeness and loyalty. Like the pilgrims held the hands of the statues of the saints. Did you know that holding their palms together was like a kiss?
Romeo: No I didn’t, but what do the pilgrims and saints lips do?
Juliet: Pilgrims do have lips but they use them in prayer.
Romeo: Well saint, let lips do what hands do. Kiss me, I pray. Please grant my prayer.
Juliet: Saints aren’t suppose to move.
Romeo: Then don’t move, let me kiss you.
(He kisses her) now you’ve taken all of my sin away from my lips by yours.
Juliet: Now my lips have sin on them.
Romeo: I’ll take it back then.
(He kisses her)
Juliet: You’re a good kisser.
(Enter Nurse)
Nurse: Juliet, your mother wants to talk to you.
(Juliet walks away)
Romeo: Who’s her mom?
Nurse: She owns this house. A good, wise, and morally excellent lady. I take care of her daughter. The young lady who you were just talking to, her name is Juliet. Who ever marries her will be rich.
Romeo: (to himself) Is she a Capulet?  This is not going to be good. My life is in the hands of my enemy.
Benvolio: (to Romeo) Come on let’s leave.
Romeo: Ok, I just got myself in more trouble then ever before.
Capulet: No, gentlemen, don’t leave now. We have dessert coming in a short while. (They whisper something into his ear) Is that true? Well, thank you for coming. Good night. Come on then, let’s go to bed. I swear it’s late. I’m going to get some rest.
(Everyone, but Juliet and the Nurse begin to exit)
Juliet: Nurse, who was he?
Nurse: He’s Tiberio’s son.
Juliet: What about the one that’s leaving out the door right now?
Nurse: That’s Petruchio.
Juliet: What about him over there who wouldn’t dance?
Nurse: I don’t know.
Juliet: Go ask, please. (The nurse leaves) If he’s married I’m going to die.
Nurse: (returning) His name is Romeo, he’s a Montague.  His father is your fathers’ worst enemy.
Juliet: (to herself) My only love sprung from my only hate! I seen him to early and figured out too late. Love’s a monster for making me fall in love with my worst enemy.
Nurse: What’s this?
Juliet: Oh, it’s just a rhyme that someone that I danced with told me while we were dancing.
(Someone calls Juliet from off stage)
Nurse: Come, let’s go. All of the strangers are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment